A computer virus is nothing but a program, designed specially to damage the normal functionality of your computer and the files present in it. In fact, Virus usually comes with a computer file, a data file, web or a file located in your operating system. That file is called as an infected file. When this file is copied on the disk, Virus also gets copied and hides on the disk. This is how a virus program replicates itself and spread the infection to other files.
How a computer gets viruses?
There are many mediums through which a computer gets Viruses. The most common method of virus transmission these days is through the internet.
- A Computer Virus could come attached with an email message. When that email message is downloaded on a computer the virus also gets downloaded.
- A virus can also enter our Personal computer when we download some software from the internet.
- When a file already infected with a virus is copied to another system through a floppy disc or DVD/CD, then Virus also gets transferred.
How badly a virus can harm your computer?
Different viruses have different natures as they may create problems in different ways. The most frequent problems people generally experience are:
- A computer virus may reduce the speed of your computer as it automatically gets loaded in the main memory of your computer.
- It may destroy all the data saved and stored in the hard disk either by destroying some sections or by formatting your computer without any prior warning.
- It may also affect the boot sector on your computer.
- A virus can also destroy the BIOS of your computer.
The role of Antivirus in your system
One of the best methods to minimize your system’s exposure to Viruses is by purchasing and installing Antivirus software. Antivirus software should be capable of performing the following functions:
- An antivirus for Server or Computer should detect and remove viruses from memory, partition table as well as the boot sector.
- An antivirus should scan for all existing and possible viral threats
- An efficient antivirus should have the potential of taking backup of your deleted files and emails.
- An antivirus should trace and repair it without forcing you to scan in DOS or Safe Mode.
- Antivirus should have multiple scan engines for detecting viruses, worms, spyware, adware, and other viral threats.
With advanced features, real-time virus database updates and all the above said features, Smart Cop Antivirus software is known to be a complete PC security solution, server security solution and Enterprise security solution is a perfect choice for operating systems Microsoft Windows Vista, XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 and 10.
Now in Present days, Antivirus software is necessary to install in your devices to protect your PC from malware, virus, spyware, ransomware and hacking attacks. But a non-technical person doesn’t know how to install Antivirus software in Laptop/PC. To help these persons we provide Antivirus support to solve their Antivirus related glitches, We are from United Tech Serve. We provide 24/7 online technical support in the USA and UK to fix all types of technical glitches that you are facing in your Laptop/PC and Smartphones.
If you want to get in touch with our technical support expert to get instant online computer support, you can dial our Antivirus support number to connect with our support experts. Definitely you will get the best help and support for your queries.