Terms and Conditions
What You Promise To Us
1. You are at least eighteen (18) years old and have the authority to enter into legally binding agreements, or are over the age of thirteen (13) and have a legal parent or guardian actively monitoring and involved with your use of the products.
3. You will not misuse the Products in any manner nor assist, support, or suggest anyone else do so, including in order to:
4. You will use the Products only for a valid legal purpose and only as permitted by applicable law, including federal and state data privacy regulations and export control laws.
5. With respect to export control laws, you agree that you will not provide or export the Products to (i) nationals or residents of Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Sudan, Syria, or any other country as to which the U.S. has embargoed goods; or (ii) any person included in the U.S. Treasury department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders.
6. You will not try to undermine our security safeguards, source code protections, or digital signing mechanisms, or unlawfully copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, or publicly display any United Tech Serve intellectual property, including but not limited to any copyrights, trademarks, patents, software, domain names, trade secrets, or information that any person would reasonably believe is confidential.
7. You will cooperate with all United Tech Serve employees, technicians, and contractors. In certain cases, technicians may request additional information, shots, or files from your device. Please be advised that without your cooperation, the services we provide may not be as reliable or effective.
Product Terms And Conditions
1. The Products may include Software to assist in the protection of your data and identity. This Software can be downloaded from the corresponding product Site and is periodically updated. Your right to use the Software depends on your compliance with the terms of this Agreement.
2. United Tech Serve hereby grants you a limited, personal, internal use, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to use the Software, solely in connection with this Agreement and the Products.
3. This Agreement does not convey to you any rights of ownership in the software. By accepting this Agreement you agree that the Software is licensed to you by United Tech Serve and is not being sold or otherwise transferred to you.
4. United Tech Serve expressly disclaims any warranties of non-infringement, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. United Tech Serve does not warrant that the software will (a) achieve specific results, (b) operate without interruption, or (c) be error free.
5. United Tech Serve expressly disclaims all liability for the Software, including any loss or liability resulting from lost or compromised data caused by the Software. United Tech Serve does not make any warranty that your data will be stored safely or securely. The Software may make changes to your computer or mobile device that may adversely affect its functionality, such as deleting system or application files identified (correctly or incorrectly) by the Software as infected or a potential concern. You acknowledge and agree to such changes to your computer or mobile device that may occur as a result of your use of the Software. In no event will United Tech Serve be liable for any damages, including lost profits or data, or other incidental or consequential damages, arising out of the use or inability to use the software or any data supplied therewith, even if Licensor has been advised of the possibility of such damages, or for any claim by any other party.
6. The Software and/or Services are not fault-tolerant and are not designed or intended for high-risk activities such as use in hazardous environments requiring fail-safe performance, including but not limited to nuclear-facilities operations, air traffic communication systems, weapons systems, direct life-support machines, or any other application in which the failure of the Software or Services could lead directly to death, personal injury, loss of data of national security and/or federal attributes or severe physical or property damage. We expressly disclaim any expressed or implied warranty of fitness for high-risk activities.
1. Scheduled Tasks: By installing a desktop software or a mobile app produced by MyCleanID you acknowledge that the product/s will create and run scheduled tasks on your computer and/or mobile device. Scheduled tasks are enabled by default. Most scheduled tasks can be disabled by you at any time from within the product settings. If you wish to disable ALL scheduled tasks you need to uninstall the software completely. Payment is not required to disable, enable or amend the scheduled tasks created by any of the MyCleanID products.
2. Background Processes: Upon installation, MyCleanID products may set and run tasks or background processes on your computer that will auto-start upon reboot/restart of your computer operating system. These tasks are required to either check your installed software for available updates, validate your license information, monitor your computer for specific product-related items (such as privacy threats, malware infection attempts etc) and various other product-related tasks that are required for the products to provide the value and service they are intended to provide. If you do not wish to grant the products that permission, please uninstall the products at your convenience or disable the 'Launch at System Startup' option from within the product settings where applicable.
3. URL Redirects / Blocked Websites: When installed, MyCleanID’ product may detected some website and/or software communication attempts as malicious and block any outgoing or incoming communication between your computer and the specific website and/or IP address. This communication block is done for your safety. If you do not wish to grant the MyCleanID product that permission, please uninstall MyCleanID product at your convenience or disable the 'Safe Browsing' feature from within the product settings where applicable. Which websites are being detected as malicious? Websites that are either known for attempting or have actually attempted to download malware onto your computer, redirect you to an unverified webpage, present malicious advertisement etc are being blocked as part of our enhanced internet security protocol. If you wish to visit/allow the blocked URL after all, please add the URL to the exclusion list of your security software so in future it will not be blocked by default.
4. User Account Control / UAC UAC is a security feature of Windows which helps prevent unauthorized changes to the operating system by prompting the user for manual approval. MyCleanID products may disable the UAC prompts relating only to the MyCleanID products in order to increase the user's convenience and solely for the purpose of better user experience and product ease of use. At any point you, the user, can uninstall the product if you feel this is an inconvenience to you.
5. Installing Multiple Software: Please note that installing multiple security products and/or utilities with overlapping coverage on devices that are not designed for high performance is not recommended, nor needed. United Tech Serve may utilize technology that is in use by other vendors on the web, and thus you should take into consideration that multiple software you may have installed may overlap in coverage.
6. General Software Behavior: We do our best to support and update our software so it is compatible with each new update and/or upgrade of related software services that may affect or be affected by our product's behavior. From time to time, a new software patch or newly deployed version of such 3rd party vendor may be released, and will not be compatible with our products.
1. You are free to stop using the Products at any time. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to some or all of the Products with notice to you if:
2. If we do terminate your access, we will provide you with reasonable advance notice via the email address associated with your account to remedy the activity that prompted us to contact you and give you the opportunity to export your stuff from Products. If after such notice you fail to take the steps we ask of you, we'll terminate or suspend your access to the Products.
3. In certain instances, however, we will terminate your account immediately without first providing you notice. This typically occurs if:
4. We may decide to discontinue the Services in response to new laws or regulations, or other unforeseen circumstances beyond our control. If we discontinue offering some of all of the Products, we will give you reasonable prior notice so that you can export your data. If we discontinue a Product before your Annual or Monthly Subscription is over, you will receive a pro-rated portion of the fees you have pre-paid.
1. WE STRIVE TO PROVIDE GREAT SERVICES, BUT THERE ARE CERTAIN THINGS THAT WE CAN'T GUARANTEE. THEREFORE, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, United Tech Serve AND ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS AND DISTRIBUTORS MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE SERVICES. THE SERVICES AND PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS."
2. WE ALSO DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
1. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless United Tech Serve, its parents and affiliates, and its and their officers, directors, employees, consultants, and agents from liability for any and all third-party claims, liabilities, demands, disputes, causes of action, losses, damages and costs and expenses of any kind (collectively, "Claims") resulting from:
2. You agree to notify United Tech Serve immediately if you become aware of (i) an act of infringement, violation, or misappropriation, of the intellectual property of any other person, or (ii) any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security known to you.
Limitation of Liability Conditions
1. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, United Tech Serve, ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, CONTRACTORS, OR DISTRIBUTORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS, OR PROFITS, REGARDLESS OF LEGAL THEORY.
2. THESE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT United Tech Serve OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES HAS BEEN WARNED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
3. IF YOU USE THE SERVICES FOR ANY COMMERCIAL, BUSINESS, OR RE-SALE PURPOSE, United Tech Serve, ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS OR DISTRIBUTORS WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSS OF BUSINESS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY. United Tech Serve AND ITS AFFILIATES AREN'T RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE, OF ANY USER OF THE SERVICES.
4. WE LIMIT OUR LIABILITY TO YOU TO THE GREATER OF $50 USD OR THE ACTUAL AMOUNT YOU'VE PAID UNDER YOUR CURRENT SERVICE PLAN WITH United Tech Serve.
Prior to starting any formal legal proceedings, we would like the chance to resolve your issue ourselves. You agree that before filing a claim against United Tech Serve, you will contact us, either by phone at (888) 427-9359 or email at [email protected] Upon receiving notice of your issue, we will attempt to resolve the issue informally. If United Tech Serve is unable to resolve the problem within thirty (30) days, you or United Tech Serve may bring a formal legal proceeding.
United Tech Serve's failure to enforce a provision is not a waiver of its right to do so later. If a provision is found unenforceable, the remaining provisions of this Agreement will remain in full effect and an enforceable term will be substituted reflecting our intent as closely as possible. You may not assign any of your rights under this Agreement, and any such attempt will be void. United Tech Serve may assign its rights to any of its affiliates or subsidiaries, or to any successor in interest of any business associated with the Services.